Tuesday, May 6, 2014

the past 5 days

this next post I bring to you comes with the warmest greetings, feelings and smiles. to you I write this post from the bottom bunk of a full room in the dark hours of the night with faint footsteps, squeaky cabinets and almost silent whispers, to you I write from the same red couch as last time, from the stairwell of the 3rd floor leading up to the 4th, in the grass by the river, from a dinner table surrounded by beautiful bright spirits with the most unique zig zag energy, to you I write this post from a faded thought because I couldn't write them down fast enough.

 I close out the past 5 days of my life with a overwhelming sense of wholeness in my heart. From the mountain tops of Soderkoping, the waters of Granna and into  the abandoned houses of Stegeborgs Slottsruin. These past 5 days have kept my eyes in love and my mind eager for more. Between the filtered phrases, shared opinions and the laugh-till-I'm-almost dead car rides my heart has kept immensely happy. 

This past 5 day journey started off with a loud sigh running through my ear drums fully awakening me followed by a beautiful birthday, work and fellowship. I was introduced to a new german musician- Philipp Poisel, who is awesome. This is the first artist that has been in my playlist that hasn't spoken english and is on repeat. The same night was a Swedish holiday- Valborg- which is a holiday to welcome in the spring (Swedes are very into their weather). Valborg was like a dream. I remember on the way their feeling a little faint in my head, so I decided I would cling onto my Danish friend and close my eyes the rest of the way. Blindly walking half a mile down the river was like no other moment I've experienced. I was aware of e v e r y t h i n g- the raindrops upon my nose, the perfume from a body near mine, the chatter of an approaching crowd in the distance. It was slowly getting dark and I opened my eyes. My senses were incredibly  heightened. The yellow nature became electric and the smells around me were so sweet. Human bodies everywhere, orchestra music in the background, balloons in the air, children laughing, candles lit amongst the paths . It felt along the lines of on of the music festivals I've experienced but more pure. Soon before we knew it a huge bonfire was lit in the river and fire works were sounding off ever so brightly. We sat along the river bank, absorbing the ever-so-slightly warmth we felt from the fire and discussed what makes us most happy.

The next 3 days we all went on a road trip. It was so lovely. I don't know what to say about these days because there is too much. I don't know even if I want to describe them either because it would almost be as  if I was trying to describe to you the sound of an instrument- unique and something you would have to experience for yourself, but that is where my photographs come in. The moments consisted of mountain tops, rivers,  old fortresses+ castles, abandoned houses, small little villages with old churches, dreams of running through the yellow canola fields, laughs, intense ice cream art, "what is hygiene", ferry rides, bike rides through woods, roads,  summer homes and green pastures, candy stores and beautiful sunsets, "POLIS!!", sacred flower eating prayers, more views and more laughing. I'm so blessed to have captured at least some of it.

I think one of my favorite moments was the friday night when we got back to the base. We all cooked together  ate together  cleaned together, laughed together and said what we were thankful for. It was dark with many candles around and in my brain it was the most beautiful image of what a "family" is. That whole day was 110% perfect.

Ending this post I almost felt a little sad thinking that a day will come that I will have to depart from these people. I was reminded of a piece of art I made saying "I hate goodbyes". I tried finding it, but I failed and got lost through some of the random 891 post I've made on this blog. I did, however come across some of my old, not so positive posts;
  1. http://jesialex.blogspot.se/2013/07/blog-post.html
  2. http://jesialex.blogspot.se/2013/07/blog-post_19.html
  3. http://jesialex.blogspot.se/2013/06/i-want-to-be-somewhere-else.html

reminding me that God has really answered some of my greatest longings, He really has given me the desires of my heart. I'm so amazed by this crazy planet we live on called "Earth" and all of these crazy wicked senses we have been given as humans. I'm amazed at the fact that we are breathing right now without trying. I'm perplexed how there is so many cultures that speak so many different languages, yet they can all be translated into the same meaning. How we still feel all of the same feelings. I'm bewildered by the variety on this planet- from physical, intellectual, social to the emotional and all the way to the spiritual.

We live in a broad, complicated, dynamic universe. It's time to start expanding our minds and intentionally live fully alive.





































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment