Friday, January 25, 2013

cooking

has been my most recent activity lately as well as making recipes as healthy as I can!

so this morning I woke up and craved something salty, so this is what I made
2 egg whites, 1/4 cup of spinach, 1 russet potato (boil potato until soft. cook spinach until wilted, take off heat. put the egg whites in and when semi-cooked add in spinach and cut up potato. stir well and eat)

after, I was craving something sweet- which is normal. I love sweets, and I hate that about myself so I decided to make a single serving of pancakes. 
1/4 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/8 tsp salt, 1 egg white, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla, a dash of cinnamon & nutmeg, and a tablespoon of pumpkin butter. Mix & put in pan until cooked!


They were so good! not totally healthy but healthier than normal pancakes by making simple adjustments like egg whites, whole wheat flour, and a small portion. My next breakfast idea is flourless OATMEAL pancakes, and I believe they are sugarless too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment