Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cauliflower rice!

so I'm being vegan pretty much for the next 6 days. well, I'm on  day 3 so 3 more to go! but honestly this experience has made me want to change my life style of eating. Usually, I am pretty healthy-- vegetables are my favorite food group BUT I have a disgustingly bad sweet tooth.

The past couple days I have just been eating raw veggies, but I've been looking up recipes and the first one that did not call for any thing but vegetables, oil and spices.

ingredients: cauliflower, olive oil, one bell pepper, one medium onion, salt, pepper, and some green spice in mothers cabinet

step one: cut the core of the cauliflower
step two: chop the cauliflower into little pieces (as you see the photo of the heart)
step three: put cauliflower in food processor till it's a rice texture
step four: put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan, let heat, add chopped onions and peppers for 4 minutes on medium head, and another 4 minutes on low heat
step five: add cauliflower and let cook on for 6 more minute. add salt, pepper, spices for another minute
step six: serve!

so good, and currently my favorite dish


No comments:

Post a Comment