Tuesday, November 4, 2014

November 4 2014


Veggie Tacos!
ingredients (or close…);
corn tortillas
2 cups mushrooms
half red onion
half lemon
carrot shreds
half avocado 
3 cloves garlic
1 cup sun dried tomatoes 
1 cup plain yogurt
parmesan cheese
salt & pepper 
1/2 cup almond slivers

I started by putting the sun dried tomatoes, yogurt, almonds, 1 clove garlic chopped, juice & zest from the lemon, grated parmesan cheese, salt & pepper in the food processor until it was  a paste.
Then I sautéed the onions, mushrooms and 2 cloves garlic.
I toasted the corn tortillas, placed the carrots first, then the sautéed goodness next, sun dried tomato paste after, avocado dices topped with pepper and a lemon wedge.

It was good! and healthy...but next time I think I would add more yogurt to make it more creamy (I ended up putting more yogurt on top; a healthier alternative to sour cream) and maybe a spice somewhere in the mix. It was great for being completely unplanned and 100% from my own brain. 

I enjoyed them with homemade sun brewed green tea. Happy taco tuesday! 





No comments:

Post a Comment