Monday, April 14, 2014

Välkommen // Welcome

       hej // hello 

After breakfast with Josefine we headed over to the central station in Stockholm and with her gracious help we found my way to the train. It was great, a 2 hour scenic route from Stockholm to Linkoping. It was awesome, so much water and farm houses and little towns along the way. Upon arrival I was greeted by Kristina, one of the leaders at the YWAM base. We walked down the road from the train station and there was the house- a 4 story brick building, cozy and warm inside with so many lovely people to greet me. We had lunch and got to know each other- people from Canada, Germany, Sweden, Australia, Madagascar, etc. After we had a tour of the house and my gosh, it's AMAZING! It's so beautiful, I cannot wait to explore it more and take photographs of it while I stay here. We all hung out a bit and later had dinner. After dinner I went for a lovely run along the river which is just outside of the house- you can see it from the windows.
This morning was nice, we joined for breakfast at 7 am, had a little bit of quiet time to read our bibles and then joined back to go over house rules and basic information we will be expecting to experience on the trip. I guess this trip is the first ever program they have done like this- and even the leaders don't know exactly what to expect. It's really interesting being here, there is a lot of language barriers and so many different walks of life. I'm interested to see what Jesus has in store for this trip.

Isaiah 54:2 "Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your cutrains wide, do not hold back, lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes."

I'm now sitting in our room, dying to learn Swedish and yearning for some new music in my collection.  I think I'm going to start making daily goals- one of them would be to take a few photographs a day and the other would be to learn a phrase in Swedish and maybe 5- 10 words. I've stayed inside all day, so maybe I'll go for a walk before dinner.


hej då // bye 


No comments:

Post a Comment