Wednesday, February 27, 2013

today was weird

I had a meeting with my teacher and he asked me where am I aiming to focus my photography towards. Bit of an interesting question. I have been photographing for almost 6 years. 6 years of my life consumed with this hobby of "photography" and I never had this interesting of a question. It is the weirdest thing to be to be choosing my path. A path that I can NEVER give up on. A path that requires a lot of hard work. 

It's SOO weird this all blossomed from me being a loner as a 15 year old in my room and photographing myself in my back yard, and living in a cyber world called "flickr". Where, yes, I had friends all across the world. My real friends sucked anyway although some of those friends made great models :) 

Just the other day I was with my friend John and I showed him around my neigborhood and we stopped at the train tracks. All the memories were catching up with me; Auriel & Jenna, Trevor, Joey, Carley. All these people I would bring to the train tracks and just hang out with. 
Man, 15 was such a cool age and at that time all I wanted to was to grow up.

Time goes by fast, I'll say 

I swear on my life I think I'm a photographer because my parents had a photography studio when they were in their 20's and I would always be brought to work. Thinking to back in the day, how cool of a job that must have been. Developing photographs and what not. Maybe I breathed in too many photographic chemicals as a infant.

So where is my photography going you ask?
these words come to my mind; modern, vintage, classy yet I want to stay "different" 

Hello Career,
you're making me feel pressure and this is something I can not eject myself from
Thanks,
Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment