Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Roasted Eggplant Dip!

While I was still sleeping my mother left for work and just before she left she opened a Barefoot Contessa cookbook and told me to make the recipe for Roasted Eggplant Dip! she also told me to make pita chips

First I made the pita chips
I took a package of pita bread and put them into 8 piece triangles. Placed them on a cooking sheet, brushed with oil, salt, pepper, oregano and baked for 16 minutes (8 minutes on each side) on about 400 heat.


While those were in the oven I started making the dip. What this calls for is 1 eggplant, 2 bell peppers, 1 red onion , 3 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 2 tablespoon pesto (mixing all together minus veggies)



I started by peeling the eggplant and taking out the seeds of the peppers. Chopping the eggplant into 1 inch pieces, slicing the bell peppers and cutting again into 1 inch pieces, and chopping the onion


After I put all into a large bowl and added the olive oil, salt, pepper, pesto mix

Placed onto a pan and roasted for 45 minutes (top half pic raw veggies, bottom half pic roasted veggies)

After it came out of the oven I put into the food processor for a few pulses

added to chip and ate! hope you are satisfied mother


No comments:

Post a Comment