Sunday, April 11, 2010

101

Today was a gloomy day. I went to church. It was a good service. We celebrated grandparents and with that we studied Proverbs 16:31
"Gray hair is a crown of splendor;
it is attained by a righteous life.
"

I don't really know how to put this into words because I did not take a bunch of notes...which I wish I did now. But basically God considers righteous the elder who has stayed faithful to Him his whole life. Staying strong as a christian, instead of starting strong and becoming weak. You should never say to yourself "I wish I was as strong as I was back then" instead do the opposite and crave to become closer to God.

We also touched on the subject of what we all have heard which goes something like with God all things are possible and basically without him we can do nothing. He is the only one who strengthens us. We were given the analogy of a grapevine...Jesus is the root and we are the branches.
He told us about how in the bible there will be some people who go to heaven and were a pastors, missionaries, and people who have casted out demons...they lived there whole life for God but didn't have a personal relationship with him and therefore God told him depart from my I never knew you. It's a scary thought. It just reminds me how I need to be part of the grapevine and produce fruit of Jesus.


After that I went to lunch with Dakota, Jon, and Daniel.
goodnight spring break you have treated me well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment