Monday, March 22, 2010

81...34/40

The pitchfork had a long random interview with Justin Vernon of Bon Iver- I read most of it...but this really stood out to me. I think he is so intriguing, and such a genuine person. Read the rest HERE.


Pitchfork: Do you write on your walls?



JV: Yeah.

Pitchfork: What do you write?



JV: I don't know, it's dorky. Just like quotes and stuff. Something I want to see everyday or something I want to be there. I don't know. I can put a hole in the wall if I want. It's mine. It's very simple. It's a very tiny house, but I can do whatever I want to. I can rip up the terrible vinyl floor and recycle it. Just create a good space. A quiet place to be. I think that's all I want in life, just like peace and be able to make music and like have happiness when it's time off. Spend time with people and family, whatever. I just feel like why spend all my time doing something that makes me unhappy just to spend my time off thinking about how I have to go back to a job. It's such a vicious cycle that people get stuck in. But I'm also very lucky. I can't sit here too eagerly and say all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment